- PhD, Process Systems Engineering, University of Surrey, UK (2005).
- Diploma, Chemical Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, GR (2001).
- Optimization and integrated design of chemical products, industrial processes and renewable energy systems.
- Computer aided molecular design (solvents, refrigerants, working fluids).
- Stochastic optimization algorithms, optimization under uncertainty.
- Grid computing in design and optimization.
CO2 Capture - Solvents and Systems
- A.I. Papadopoulos, S. Badr, A. Chremos, E. Forte, T. Zarogiannis, P. Seferlis, S. Papadokonstantakis, C.S. Adjiman, A. Galindo, G. Jackson, 2016, Computer-aided molecular design and selection of CO2 capture solvents considering thermodynamics, reactivity and sustainability, Molecular Systems Design and Engineering, DOI: 10.1039/C6ME00049E
- A.I. Papadopoulos, P.Seferlis, Process Systems and Materials for CO2 Capture: Modelling, Design, Control and Integration, Wiley, (Book-April 2017), (link)
ORC working fluids and systems
- P. Linke, A.I. Papadopoulos, P. Seferlis, 2015, Systematic methods for working fluid selection and the design, integration and control of organic Rankine cycles—A Review, Energies, 8, 4755-4801.
- A.I. Papadopoulos, M. Stijepovic, P.Linke, P. Seferlis, S. Voutetakis, Toward optimum working fluid mixtures for Organic Rankine Cycles using molecular design and sensitivity analysis, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 52 (2013), 12116-12133
Smart Grids design and operation
- D. Giaouris, A.I. Papadopoulos, P. Seferlis, S. Papadopoulou, S. Voutetakis, 2016, Power grand composite curves shaping for adaptive energy management of hybrid microgrids, Renewable Energy, 95, 433-448.
- D. Giaouris, A.I. Papadopoulos, S. Voutetakis, S. Papadopoulou, P. Seferlis, 2015, A power grand composite curves approach for analysis and adaptive operation of renewable energy Smart Grids, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 17 (5), 1171-1193.
Multi-scale systems design
- A.I. Papadopoulos, P. Seferlis, P. Linke, 2016, A framework for the integration of solvent and process design with controllability assessment, Chemical Engineering Science, DOI:10.1016/j.ces.2016.04.042
E-mail : spapadopoulos(at)cperi.certh.gr
Phone : 2310498363
Personal Site : http://psdi.cperi.certh.gr/~spapadopoulos/