HDS is a large pilot-scale, fully automated hydroprocessing unit with a maximum capacity of ~14 lit/ day processing feedstock.
This unit has been used for a variety of projects:
- Hydrodesulfurization of fuel fractions, from naptha to heavy residues
- Hydrotreatment catalysts evaluation
- Hydrocracking of Fischer-Tropsch wax
- Hydrotreatment of various petroleum fractions for removal of nitrogen, aromatics, olefins
- Hydrocracking of waste cooking and vegetable oils
- Determination of optimum operating conditions for hydrotreating processes.
The synthesis gas production unit was designed and manufactured in CPERI, aiming to convert natural gas, hydrocarbon gases and oxygenated liquids to synthesis gas.
This unit is also fully automated and has been used for:
- Steam reforming of methane and bio-oil
- Autothermal steam reforming of methanol
- Partial oxidation of aqueous mixtures of hydrocarbons
- Evaluation of commercial and new reforming catalysts
Performance evaluation and Long-term testing of Fuel Cell and Electrolysis units
PSDI offers a range of testing facilities for various fuel cell applications both for low (polymer exchange membrane fuel cells, PEM-FCs) and high (solid oxide fuel cells, SOFCs) temperatures. Testing includes complete performance evaluation of fuel cells, single cells or stacks, under customer’s set conditions as well as stability assessment following standard accelerated stress test protocols.
Three test benches are available for:
(b) SOFC and
(c) Regenerative PEM fuel cell/electrolyser testing
The test benches can handle single cells or stacks in a power range between few W and approximately 3 kW.
All test benches integrate comprehensive solutions for reliable and precise temperature, humidity and flow rate control. They incorporate fully programmed electronic loads in order to simulate a wide range of potential fuel cell applications. All critical test inputs and outputs are automatically monitored and recorded through a PIMS data collection system. Beyond the on-line and continuous data recording, remote live view and control of the test benches operation is available through web log-in in the PIMS data collection system.
In addition to the standard systems for PEM-FCs and SOFCs, the test benches can accommodate electrolyser single cells or stacks. The regenerative PEM fuel cell/electrolyser test bench comprises all necessary instrumentation for efficient control, continuous operation and collection of data for a period of months of conventional and/or regenerative fuel cell systems. It can operate under high pressure, closed-loop system configuration with remote monitoring and surveillance.
The standard system specifications of the three fuel cell test benches are summarized below:
- PEM fuel cell and electrolyser test bench
- Low or high temperature single PEM cell or stack, up to 1kW
- High temperature test bench for SOFC button cells
- Temperatures up to 1100 °C, complete electrochemical characterization, conductivity measurements, on-line gas analysis, multi fuels and gases H2, HC, CO, CO2, H2O, etc.
- Regenerative PEM fuel cell/electrolyser test bench
- Power up to 3kW, closed-loop, pressurized operation, H2- O2 gas storage, automatic unattended operation, PIMS server-operating control and data acquisition system, remote live view.