- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, Greece (2005)
- M.Sc. in Physical, Chemical and Biochemical Processes, University of Patras, Greece (2005)
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, Greece (1999)
- Electrochemistry, Electrocatalysis, Electrochemical kinetics and electrochemical reaction engineering, Fuel Cells (fundamentals and technology), Heterogeneous catalysis, Surface science, Electrochemical Promotion of catalysis, EPOC.
- S. Balomenou, D. Tsiplakides, A. Katsaounis, S. Thieman-Handler, B. Cramer, G. Foti, C. Comninellis and C.G. Vayenas, “Novel Monolithic Electrochemically Promoted Catalytic Reactor for Environmentally Important Reactions”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 52 (2004) 181-196.
- S. Balomenou and C.G. Vayenas, “Triode Fuel Cells and Batteries”, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 151, 11, (2004) Α1874-Α1877.
- A. Katsaounis, S. Balomenou, D. Tsiplakides, S. Brosda, S. Neophytides and C.G. Vayenas, “Proton tunneling-induced bistability, oscillations and enhanced performance of PEM fuel cells”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 56 (2005) 251-258.
- S.P. Balomenou, D. Tsiplakides, C.G. Vayenas, S. Poulston, V. Houel, P. Collier, A. G. Konstandopoulos, Ch. Agrafiotis, “Electrochemical promotion in a monolith electrochemical plate reactor applied to simulated and real automotive pollution control”, Topics in Catalysis, 44 (2007) 481-486.
- A. Hammad, S. Souentie, S. Balomenou, D. Tsiplakides, J.C. Figueroa, C. Cavalca, C.J. Pereira, C.G. Vayenas, “Tailor-structured skeletal Pt catalysts employed in a Monolithic Electropromoted Reactor”, Journal of Applied Electrochemistry 38 (2008) 1171-1176.
- D. Tsiplakides, S. Balomenou, “Milestones and perspectives in electrochemically promoted catalysis”, Catalysis Today 146 (2009) 312-318.
- A. de Lucas-Consuegra, A. Caravaca, M.J. Martín de Vidales, F. Dorado, S. Balomenou, D. Tsiplakides, P. Vernoux, J.L. Valverde, “An electrochemically assisted NOx storage/reduction catalyst operating under fixed lean burn conditions”, Catalysis Communications, 11 (2009) 247-251.
Ε-mail : stellab(at)cperi.certh.gr
Tel. : +30-2310-498354